COST Information Day in Tbilisi, Georgia
The Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation of Georgia is organising a COST Information Day on Friday, 4 May 2018.
What is COST?
COST is a European framework which aims at supporting trans-national cooperation among researchers, engineers and scholars across Europe.
COST Actions are addressed to researchers, engineers and scholars and include the following activities:
- Participation in workshops, seminars and trainings,
- Short term scientific visits in research organizations and institutions of one of the COST countries,
- Dissemination activities and publishing scientific articles,
- Calls for conference grants, giving PhD students and beginner researchers opportunity to participate in international scientific and technological conferences,
However, COST Actions do not fund research projects.
What to expect from the COST Information Day in Tbilisi?
The attendants will be provided with concrete information about the COST activities and opportunities.
Two speakers will each hold a key session:
- Dr. Sierd Cloetingh (President of the COST Association) will hold a session on “Perspectives of the COST Association: Spreading Scientific Excellence and enhancement”.
- Dr. Inga Dadeshidze (Science Policy Officer and representative of the COST Association), will hold a session on “The practicalities of the COST Actions and the benefits of participation”.
Where and when will it take place?
When: Friday, 4 May 2018, 16:00 local time.
Where: Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia, Old Tbilisi District, Dimitri Uznadze steet, 52.
Please send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org until Wednesday 2 May 2018, mentioning the following information: name, surname, institution, position, email, phone number.
We look forward to seeing you there!