WP2 - Stronger interaction between researchers & participation in H2020
While applying for funding from the Horizon 2020 programme, the difference should be made between EaP countries associated and non-associated to Horizon 2020.
Associated: Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia
Non-associated: Azerbaijan, Belarus
Regarding the difference in status, legal entities from associated countries can participate in any of the Horizon 2020 programmes under the same conditions as legal entities from EU Member States, thus are entitled to receive EU funding for their actions. Legal entities from non-associated countries on the other hand must secure their own funding (e.g. from national resources) for participating and implementing a project in Horizon 2020.
EaP PLUS works for delivering tailor-made information about the possibilities for participation of EaP countries in Horizon across many activities. It must be noted that the project does not distinguish between associated and non-associated countries in that respect, thus we address all six EaP countries likewise in our provision of information about Horizon 2020.
This WP offers a set of comprehensive measures to support a stronger interaction between researchers from EU and EaP countries and to warrant increased participation in H2020 Framework Programme with the use of H2020 Info Days, NCP Trainings, Diaspora Workshops, Grants for networking and Webinars on H2020 and Innovation.
In particular, seven H2020 Info Days have been held within the project, as follows:
- Ukraine H2020, energy and environment (Kyiv, April 7, 2017)
- Armenia H2020, Spire (Yerevan, Nov 20, 2017)
- Georgia H2020, Spire (Tbilisi, Nov 21, 2017)
- Moldova ERA instruments (Chisinau, Nov 17, 2017) / H2020, energy, Spire (Dec 7, 2017)
- Belarus H2020, advanced materials, MSCA, health, transport (Minsk, Feb 20, 2018)
- Armenia Widening programme (Yerevan, Sept 13-14, 2018).
On the other hand, so far three NCP trainings were provided:
- The first NCP training event was developed by BelISA with the support of SPI during the 22nd of February in Minsk, Belarus.
- The second NCP training event was developed by NAS RA in Armenia with the support of SPI on the 29th of May 2018.
- The third NCP Training was organized in Georgia (by SRNSFG) on the 28th of September 2018.
Two NCP Training events are still to be organized: one in Moldova and one in Ukraine.
Targeted cooperation is encouraged between the EaP research communities and the national Scientific Diasporas in EU to stimulate synergies among them. Five Scientific Diaspora Workshops were held, one in each of these countries: Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine. Deliverable 2.3 is written and soon will be uploaded to the project’s website.
Grants for networking in Brokerage Events and Preparatory Meetings are continuously provided to EaP researchers in order to effectively link with their EU counterparts. The last call can be found here: https://www.eap-plus.eu/object/call/240.
Finally, innovative e-tools has been be established through webinars in order to provide continuous on-line assistance to EaP researchers. Find more information on webinars here: https://www.eap-plus.eu/participation-h2020/webinars.
Tasks and Activities
Task 2.1 Organisation of H2020 Info Days and of a local NCPs training
- Activity 2.1a: Organisation of H2020 Info Day
- Activity 2.1b Training of the NCP network in each EaP country
Task 2.2: Targeted Cooperation with Scientific Diaspora
Task 2.3: Enhancing contacts: Grants for networking
Task 2.4 Development of Webinars on H2020 & Innovation
- Activity 2.4a: Webinars for H2020
- Activity 2.4b: RDI-related Webinars
Lead Partner and Runtime
12 - RCISD
Contacts for WP2
Ms Margit Dávid firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Ildikó Dorogi email@example.com
Mr Ádám Dávid firstname.lastname@example.org